Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hiking and more pictures from Futaleufu

It was beautiful here in Futaleufu today, without a cloud in the sky. Not the best for pictures, however, but I will post some anyways. I ran out of town and up to Piedra del Aguila (Eagle Rock), and was rewarded with spectacular views - on one side into a valley and on the other down to a sheep farm.

As you might see in the pictures, the landscape here is a mix of New Zealand (glacial valleys, braided riverbeds) and Switzerland (traditional farms, rocky peaks). Es muy hermoso.

There are all sorts of other things I want to write about Futa, but I can't keep my eyes open any longer. I think the run did me in. They'll have to wait for another day.

La Piedra del Aguila - it was described to me as looking like Pride Rock from the Lion King, and I think that's apt

Sheep farm

Sheep farm with mountains

Up valley, I think with the Rio Espolon

Up valley

An idyllic pastoral



1 comment:

  1. Please tell me you had your own Simba moment on Piedra del Aguila... gorgeous views, love the description of Switzerland + NZ...

    ReplyDelete